Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bad Boys

When people say they're attracted to bad boys, I thought I knew what they meant, a guy that looks like Justin Bobby on the 'Hills' or a guy that has Jay Z swag. And i've been one of the girls that was always attracted to 'bad boys', but the other day I was having a conversation with a male friend and he insisted I was a 'bad boy kinda girl' I guess i used to be; until he explained what bad boys meant to guys. He informed me it is a guy that has a rap sheet long as his body, an abuser and a user. I felt a little stupid because what the hell would I do with a idiot with all those issues, then I kinda got mad at my friend for even saying I would be the kind of girl interested in this type of person (idiot). Its too late to bring this back up to him now, he'll definately think i'm crazy so i'm getting it out now.

4 comments:

  1. Not neccessarily do they all have a rap sheet, sometimes that attraction may be that this guy makes you chase him instead of it being vice versa or he is just out of the norm for you. Your "bad boy" doesn't always mean you can picture him on an episode of bad boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's something to think about. You go four years alone and are finally in a place in your life when you feel like thats okay. You are happy and making the best out of being single and partying and being with family. Until one day you reconnect with someone you were in love with years ago. You hang out for months before things get serious as good friends. You talk and share everything with one another and then one thing leads to another. Bam you are back in love and now more than ever, you have really fallen for this guy. Fate changes and things takes a more serious turn, you see a side of this person that isn't so attractive but you ignore it because you love him so. What do you do when you love doesn't come with a warning label?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want a bad boy or a good boy. I want a Great Man! Someone who will love me for me, flaws and all. Respect me and my family. Someone with goals and aspirations, both long and short term. Someone who enjoys spending time with me and has no issues when I want to spend time without them. I want my equal, my partner in crime, my best friend. I wonder sometimes if relationships like that really exist or do we all just settle in the end for what we get because we are to lazy, stubborn or scared to try something new...?Life is already hard enough, love should not be as well.

    Sheena Bouquet
    "As long as you have a want, you have a reason"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Keonia, a bad boy is out of the norm for you. However, I do think men believe "thug life"is what a "bad boy" is. I don't want a bad boy but I want someone who can function in the streets, defend me if needed, and has a decent swag about himself... I would call him da best of both worlds - bad boy on the outside kinda prep on da inside..lol

    ReplyDelete