Saturday, December 5, 2009

Its Kinda Funny

Its funny how I used to think the friends you've known the longest are the one's that will be with you through thick and thin and will always be in your life, because we grew up together. Well i've learned a friendship is so not measured on years knowing each other. Recently I enrolled my son in a bereavement camp and they had family support day on each friday, I so did not want to go and cry in front of complete strangers and get everyone all in "my" business, but I went anyway after i told my "mother-in-law" I was not gonna make friends because i'm antisocial and I just didnt wanna make new friends. Well guess what??? I thought i found a girl who was kinda like me so i figured i'd talk to her later after the group ended. Maybe not she was gone and on her way, plus I wasn't there to meet new friends anyway.

The next week at the balloon release there was another parent from the group sitting near me while we were waiting for our children to be checked out, I asked her one question, I was just curious about, and guess what???

I now have a lifetime friend. I'm sure of this. I have never met someone, especially a female and clicked so well so fast, we relate to one another, we understand each other, neither one of us knew how to feel, how to act, or how to go on when our boyfriends, the father's of our children passed away. We've now become very good friends and we talk often, we can call one another and cry laugh, anything. And the most amazing thing to me is our children, my son and her daughter, the same age, act so much alike. Kids handle grief so much differently than adults. I'm glad I met her she is truly a life saver. Thank You

1 comment:

  1. U are really gonna get waterworks out of me. I've told u many times before this was GOD way of giving us what we need to try moving on. I have really great friends but our bond is different on so many levels and I am grateful to have you. It is so funny because I am the social one, but this connections was yours and it have changed our lives forever. Thanks for always being there when I wanna cry, laugh, or just feel confused... Luv Ya Tajuana...

    ReplyDelete