Monday, January 24, 2011

Not Anymore

The thing i've come to turns with is i'm a pushover. I'm sure I was kind of one since the day Amarian was born, and I especially became one the day his father passed away. Thats been almost two years now and its getting out of control. Ok yeah so I might be the last one to notice it when my son sarcastically talks back in intelligent turns negotiating a whacking, and yeah i might be the last one to realize I put him on punishment and now he's still playing the game and i'm ok with it, and i also might be the last one to realize he just plays me, Period.

I'm not crazy I notice these things, I tell him all the time "you can't out slick a can of oil" "I'm smarter than you" and I really am. For all who have told me repeatedly i'm letting him get away with too much, I NOTICE. Actually i've been noticed but with his father passing I wasn't sure how to discipline him, if I should, and just why should I? he's a growing boy going through kid changes.

Thats all changed now, i'm fed up. I've had enough of the stomping off, slamming doors, huffing and puffing, negotiating, the not listening all thee above. I'm putting my foot down and i'm discipling him, and if that means punishment, grounding whatever you wanna call it, spanking, shouting WHATEVER i'm regaining my control today. I am not raising a menace.

Another thing about me is i'm not really the whooping type of mama. I will scream and yell for hours, 'stop doing that' sit down' be quiet' 'thats the last time i'm saying it' ok you're at strike 2 1/2 already' Its like a broken record all day long. He really is a good kid, he makes good grades and he is very respectful most of the time. I love that boy. But screw all that he's suppose to do that. It will be my goal this year to tell Amarian once to do something and he does it with no problems. I will achieve this. Just watch. Oh and if you notice i'm still on the old bandwagon of pushover, don't worry it'll take some time, i'll get there.

1 comment:

  1. I know its been hard raising Amarian since his dad passed, I don't envy you. But, Amarian is doing all the things any child at that age will do. They all talk back, stomp off,slam doors, huff and puff. Girls as well as boys. I was fortunate to have grandpa around to counsel me after my divorce. There were times I wanted to send the girls packing with a one-way ticket somewhere. A very wise old lady told me, " handle each situation as it happens, the best way that you can. If it means discipline, do it now and do it sternly. If you need to console or show affection, do it now and do it wholeheartly. But, whatever you do, don't ever give up on your babies." You will see (one day) that all your punishments, love and advice paying off. Hang in there mama, it will come to pass.

    judy

    ReplyDelete