Saturday, June 18, 2011

got lunch?

When I don't bring my lunch to work I go to the cafeteria and spend $3.46 everytime. It was weird but that is my total each time. So yesterday I'm thinking ok i know what my total is gonna be so i took exact change. Well I'm starting to think God is having a little fun with me AT MY EXPENSE. I order a cheeseburger with fries and i put the mayo, ketchup and mustard on and drizzled the fries with ketchup, i was starving because its now 1 in the afternoon and my first time eating all day, oh and i grab a water. Trying to be somewhat healthy. Good nobody in line i can get outta here quick and max this food. I get to the register the lady rings up my food and my total comes to $ 4.95!!!!!!! My heart starts pumping fast, I'm like "just put the water back" ok she takes that off, one more person in line. Total still $4.07. I'm turning red now because if i have to take my fries off I'm gonna be embarrassed and pissed. So I'm like "just sit this here I'm gonna run to my locker". Then the lady says well how much u got? "$3.46" I'm thinking duh! She rolls her eyes at me. So as I'm about to run off to my locker the lady next to me asked " how much u need? Oh i am really embarassed now, so here i am at my work place in scrubs negotiating my lunch total, taking change from a nice stranger, probably a patient: ( feeling the bottom of my empty pockets, feeling stupid and starving and a line wrapped around the cafeteria. I got all the change the lady had said thank you and tried to get the hell outta there, then the cashier gives me the water for free. I jetted outta there dropping knives and forks I didn't care I just didn't have any pride left to pick them up. So needless to say I will be packing my lunch for atleast the next two weeks, i cannot show my face in there.

2 comments:

  1. I have one of those stories and I am too embarrassed to even post. Will have to call u later to tell you. So I understand :(

    Life Is OneDaFul

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just a lessoned learned,it was nothing to be embarrassed about,if anything you should keep going down there buying and show them you can afford your lunch,pay the lady back for the water,maybe even help some1 who's short on their lunch.You made it more than what it was by running out like that,but you must remember SHIT HAPPENs,you were not the 1st and wont be the last.


    C. Williams

    ReplyDelete