Sunday, March 20, 2011

Brother

As I sit here in complete solace, the children are sleeping and all I can hear is their breathing and the clock ticking, I think about what is most important in life.

I also think about how I want to be remembered when I leave this earth. Of course the thought came from losing Brandon. I can honestly say Brandon was a great brother in law. We have really loss a good person, but I guess God had a better plan for us and him, so to save myself from crying a river right now, I will just say Brandon left this earth being remembered as one of the greatest men alive. He took care of everybody. I'm not talking financially, i'm talking about mentally, physically and spirtually. I could call him at any hour and he would answer my call and help me solve whatever dilema I was having, we would just call each other and chit chat about Amarian, Eimen, anything, thats how cool he was. I will miss him so much. He showed up to everything, he supported us, he was our backbone he was the man voice in our lives.

The last time he called me was last saturday and we were on the phone planning a birthday picnic for Eimen, and he was calling to get some ideas from me. Now we'll be planning this picnic for him and Eimen.

I know I will be alright in time. The news hit me so hard I fell to the floor and could not see myself getting back up, I could not see how I would make it another day with such bad news, but I know I have to be strong for my son, I have to be strong for his mother, I have to be strong for myself, so as much as it hurts and brings back sad memories from Eimen, I have to pick myself up each day, cry some, wip my tears and keep living. I can't give up, I have to trust myself and God enough to know I can get through this pain.

So what is most important in life? it's not the amount of success you've achieved, it's not the most money you have, the best car, the nicest house, none of that materialistic stuff.

What's most important in life is family.

I want to be remembered as loving my family and especially my children unconditionally, I want to be remembered as loving hard and genuinely. I want to be known as going the extra mile for them. I have to be remembered as taking care of my family and doing whatever is necessary to protect them. Family is all most of us need and family is not always same bloodline. Sometimes people come into our lives and it seems like they should have been part of the family so we make them a part. And thats ok to when all intentions are genuine and loyal. I actually wrote this without breaking down. ( I guess its the meds)

If I haven't said it lately, I love You

No comments:

Post a Comment