Last night the movie 'Something New ' came on and me and **** was watching it, well I was watching it and he was cooking steak and potatoes. Anyway, I was really deep in the movie, I'm starting to see things through clearer eyes. I never played with the idea of dating outside of my race, I really never considered it, but the guy in this movie was so cute, attractive and attentive, It made me think twice.
Of course we're all a little nervous to adventure because family can be harsh and opinionated, when it comes to interracial dating especially the older generation. But atleast I can imagine it, even if I never try it. Anyway me and my guy friend got on the subject of dating outside of your race, he has dated a puerto rican girl and a native american girl before. I didn't ask him details about it though. We conversated about the difference between black men and white men.
I said I think Caucasian men are move attentive, supportive and make things happen. When they find a woman they love and finally want to settle down, they make it happen and lock her down with the ring. On the other hand our African American men love us, support us and thats it. Our men can love us deeply to the end of time, but that does not mean he will seal deal and move to the next level and put a ring on it though. And thats unfortunate. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL A.A. MEN OR ALL CAUCASIAN ME EITHER.
With an opinion like this I guess i'm safe to date outside my race :)
Has anyone ever dated outside of your race, want to date outside your race, or would never go there? If so how was it?
I say it's about time you thought outside the box! I think it's time for a Puertorican in your life. I've dated every race out there and there is something good about all of them. Sue is German, French & Irish. I'm not complaining, because we just meshed. I have no regrets.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly who this is 'G' my puertorican secret lover. :)
ReplyDeleteI think we all are very open to the idea but only a few of us would actually try it. When I was in my first year of college in 2000 I dated a classmate for a few months and he was cool, becuase he thought he was black,lol he even wore cornrows, and spoke black without even trying and later he went on to record with a famous singer so you really couldn't tell him he wasn't black then lmao, but that wasn't the caucasian side I was interested in. So after a couple months I stopped dating him, Had I wanted to date a black man at the time I would have instead of trying to experiment with a caucasian male. So I say this to say, I guess it also depends on the background, and lifestyle of the ethnicity which you are pursuing. Good Luck All!!! Im done pursuing!!! I'm happy now! (for now)Hopefully it will remain this way. That is until someone(&*) pisses me off and my bipolar kicks in!!!lol
ReplyDeleteI almost dated a white guy but we decided to just stay friends. I've had a few approach me but i never really took it to serious because I liked someone else at the time. Men are men regardless of the race. I think its more the type of man, not the color of the man. I like independent men who like to travel and try new things. Someone who enjoys the outdoors and watching all types of movies, old, new, black and white or color, English or subtitles. A positive person who knows how and when to be a man. You get the idea. To me race doesn't matter i just want a great man. Although I will say I'll never date an African man or a middle eastern man. I say go for it, who cares what other people think. If they are only concerned about the color of someones skin they need to rethink themselves. The only person who needs your approval is you. It's 2010! times have changed and will continue to change. Im color blind and proud of it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSheena Bouquet
"The best way to get something done is to begin
Well Sheena I believe you have said it well... We all just want a GREAT MAN!!!Regardless of color!!!
ReplyDelete