I had an epiphany last night. I've been witnessing a single act for years but it just hit me last night. It seems to me for some people its easier to make new friends than to patch things up with the old ones. Some people can and will dump the old buddies at the drop of a dime if they get outta line or do something out of the ordinary. I've never had a ton of close friends, i've had people I know and can hold a conversation with, but my circle has always been small, thats the way I like it. I'm not the social butterfly some are, and the friends I have if we ever go through a rough patch, usually i'll wait it out and it'll get back to normal or if it's time to just let it go, Its just time.
I can't see myself changing friends like I change my clothes, everyone is not to be trusted. I tend to look at things and people deeper, my first impression of someone is with a very cautious eye and 90% of the time its with good reason.
Is it really easier/healthier to dispose the old friends for new ones?
If a "friend" is disposable thats not a friend at all. Yeah we all go thru stuff but at the end of the day. We've probably been thru alot together so to just say fuck her imma get a new bff is a trait of being phony in my eyes. What we do is patch it up and move along with time not dump em like a man and get a new. Thats just stupid but hey some ppl are just that phony! Que
ReplyDeleteWell said
ReplyDeleteI'm probably so late responding to this. My take on the whole situation stands as if you need to let them go. Then by all means do so! You can't always judge a book by its cover and sometimes with even reading the book halfway through you can find out that, it isn't really what you like. So in a friend it could very well be the same thing. I have let someone go who I was extremely close to and considered her like one of my sisters and we just weren't cut out for each other because friends don't hurt each other on any level. So yes let the bitch go and ask god to give you a better friend next time. Not saying you won't miss that person because I honestly do but sometimes when you grow that person isn't so it may be time to move on.
ReplyDelete